This blog follows my 2007 Pintaloosa mare, Lust A Licious, aka "Gertie," as her and I embark on new adventures together, which includes training in basics and future disciplines.
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Blow Up Caught on Camera
She's had a few lately (as talked about previously), but they are less frequent than they were a few months ago. Have NO idea where this one came from, she was going really nicely and then, "NO. I CHANGED MY MIND, GONNA BE A BRAT." She had two more little episodes today; have no idea what her deal was. There isn't pain, her feet were done after and farrier said her feet and legs look great; I think it could be A) She just wanted to be a brat--it's part of her personality B) She had to pee really bad and hasn't figured out she can pee undersaddle yet--she peed a river when I untacked her or C) The flies were really ticking her off. They've been biting pretty bad lately so I don't blame her for being pissy with them.. She would focus in really good, have a tift, then focus again real good for a good while, then a tift... go fabulously then someone shook out their scary horse-eating saddle pad between two trailers we trotted by and it was THE END OF THE WORLD. Really... ?
The other day, we were just WALKING in the arena. All the sudden, out of no where, she lifts up into a HUGE crow hop. WTH did that come from?! It was pretty comical. That's all it was, just the huge launch and then nothing. Most of her little tantrums are pretty funny and easy to ignore and are always short-lived. Today's she ticked me off as she nearly ran us into her boyfriend and his owner who were at the rail (partially my fault for not gaining control right away).
She's only 4 and is doing rather well. I'm extremely proud of her. I'm just glad Dave got this one on camera, haahaha!! People think she's so innocent. DON'T LET HER FOOL YOU!!!
--Includes our schooling session (not all of it, we rode for about 45min cause of her fits) and her blow up at the end, lol. She fought with me a good portion of it you'll see..
No comments:
Post a Comment