She amazes me, hahaha.
She's still a bit funky in her hind end, but NOOOO it's not LAMENESS, crazy people who think they know my horse better than I do. More than one professional has noticed an "off" ness, but not in the sense of lameness, but in the exact reasons I have given before. She's weak in her hind-end and I know why. We haven't been doing as many other gymnastics as we used to since we've mostly been focusing on lateral work. She's doing great with her lateral exercises; our circles are actually circles now instead of egg-shaped, hahaha. We did some spiral ins and outs the other day and it was just awesome. I am so proud of how well and smooth she is at her turns now. Not always but it's a lot more consistent these days.
SO my new game plan. I'm going to set up 3-4 trot poles in our dressage arena. Work on letting her stretch her neck down, to stretch out her back and hind-end. Figure eights over one ground pole (it really gets her to disengage her hind end a lot more and stretches that booty)...and more trot poles at the trot. We haven't been doing them as we used to, which was a few times a week, and I think she's just gotten lazy and stiff since we haven't done them and developed other muscles that have also made her tighter in her hind-and stifle area. Man, but when she moves... she moves SO WELL! I can't believe how amazing she is feeling these days. So proud of how far she has come. Lessons are to be coming soon and I'm very excited! Just to get some on the ground pointers/perspective to help me out on the things I can't see that we're doing. At least once a week or so with my friend and eventing instructor. Don't think we're going to the show this weekend, but maybe next month. I feel there is more for us to work on a bit more before going. I don't want people thinking she's lame cause her hind end is still funky.
Last thing I need is for people to get all bitchy with me...again. BUT that was just the internet, bahahhaa, where people think they can diagnose a lameness from a video of a few riding clips that aren't in order. Oh people.. make me laugh.
Anyway! OH and Gertie neck reins now! I taught it to her a while back ago and she wasn't that great at it so we forgot about it. I don't know why, but today I got the inkling to see what she'd do. I took all leg off of her and only steered her, with one hand, neck-rein style and she turned in each direction I asked her to. SO STOKED! BAHAHA Totally made my day! She's so great <3
No comments:
Post a Comment