I think G-Licious needs a few days off; seems that she's starting to get bored. I have to constantly try and "wake her up" during schooling, it's like she's sleeping or in la-la-land! I think I may have to decrease her magnesium intake, lol. It's having too good of an affect on her, haha!
We're still having a rough time with the correct lead at the canter on her hard side. I'll admit, I was way too frustrated the other day, and she probably was too. The heat certainly doesn't help, no matter how early I get out there. It's like she was too tired to really pick it up and then hold it when she would get it. Poor girl needs a break. I think I'll go and turn her out tomorrow, if the arena is open. Our barn is under construction (getting our large arena covered, wooo hoo!) so we are limited on turnout and work space. It'll be worth it in the long run though! I think giving her a 3 day weekend with one 15-20min turnout to run around will help make her feel better instead of just work-work-work every other day. She's still young and I want her mind kept as fresh as possible.
No matter what, I'm still so proud of her! Even the Western trainer at my barn recently had some very nice things to say about her. It's too bad she can't be registered PB with either ApHC or APHA; she'd kick butt in the PB shows!
Some pictures hubby took yesterday:
No comments:
Post a Comment