Thursday, January 27, 2011

1/26/11

Yesterday was such a good day!

I think I an finally getting back into some kind of shape, haha.

We did a little bit of lunging in the round pen and her listening was on point! Next I'll lunge her outside of the round pen and probably in the dressage arena as I like the footing in there. She tends to act up when outside of her comfort zone so I'm going to push her.

We did a LOT of figure 8s and Serpentines while ground driving. Holy cow I need to start running. Between the jogging behind her and trying to do so in my fatbabies in semi-deep footing, it's definitely quite the workout for even me. She did really great at ground driving. We need to really bend to the right/inside more to get her flexing. She's pretty stiff on that side as she uses it a lot to compensate for being slightly off-balanced right now. That's something the farrier and I are working on, and then I've got help from my masseuse friend.

Under saddle she was really great too. We only worked for about 1/2 hr in the arena then we went and worked in the wash (wish has really deep and soft sand) and did some trotting there. She's not a fan of that but she'll get used to it, plus it's good for her. No tantrums yesterday :) Seems the more we work the better she behaves. She likes having a job and attention from mom. The more we work the happier she is. What a good girl :) I think we'll go on a trail ride this weekend.

Here are some pictures of her yesterday being turned out after our sessions:






1 comment:

  1. Looking good Gertie!! Glad you had a great day with her. I need to start ground driving LJ too...I actually started running yesterday to try and get back into shape LOL Even lunging in the snow tires me out :S

    ReplyDelete