Friday, April 15, 2011

Bratasaurus Rex--RAWR!

I'm becoming a fail-blog because I keep forgetting to update this thing. It seems easier when I have pictures to include, but today is going to be one that has no pictures. Sorry!

We've been working really hard at our bending again and getting her to yield to the left and pushing her HQs over to the right when turning and yielding right. She's getting it down so much better and our turns/circles are MUCH smoother! I am so proud and happy of the brat!

A few days ago she was putting up quite the fuss on the outside of the smaller jumping arena.. crowhopping, bucking, rearing.. all because something was going to jump out of this little bush at eat her. Worked at it and finally got past it. She's SUUUCH a Diva sometimes, goodness gracious!

The walk-canter transitions have been rough, but she's getting it. Now that our trotting has gotten a lot smoother and consistent, I figured it was a good idea to work on walk-canter, halt-canter, and trot-canter transitions. She still does the running/fast trot into the canter and I'm working on stopping that. As soon as she starts going faster, I halt her. Then ask her to go into a nice comfortable trot, and then canter, if she speeds up, we do the same OR I push her harder into a canter ..go a few strides then back to trot then ask again but harder for a canter. She did much much better today and we did a few laps in each direction around the large arena. She didn't turn hard/drop shoulder in the turns either this time. She's becoming more balanced at the canter now with me on her.. yay! Yesterday we did the same thing and she was putting her nose to the ground (and would cough a few times--I thought we were over the Upper Resp I thought she had? Ugh but its going around again) while cantering, I about went over her head a few times.. naughty. She didn't do that at all today though, so yay! Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment